Thursday 9 April 2015

Emotions running high/ Snow Queen

Hey everyone, first of all I just want to say thanks for all the views! I know that like 94 (the current amount I have whilst writing this), is not particullarly a large number, especially in comparison to some other amazing blogs, but I really appreciate it! I never even thought I'd reach 50 views so I'm pretty damn happy with 94 xD

So this post was insipred by todays events. For those of you who don't know, I do dancing and for this week I am in a dance show called the 'Snow Queen'. You probably haven't heard the story but I'm playing Kay which is a principle role, wooo!

Anyway, we were doing the rehearsals today and everyone just needed to take a majorrrrr chill pill.
There must've been about 12 people crying today, all over silly things like the order of the finale and whos going where. People were tired, hungry and needed a well deserved break at this point.
Minor details which can be easily solved by simply communicating.

But no, apparently it was necessary for everyone to shout at eachother until they all broke down into tears and stormed off...
Eventually our dance teacher, the head of the dance school, had to sit all us main parts down and have a serious conversation with us about how we were all a kind of disfunctional family and we shouldn't argue and bitch about eachother, which was a very good point and having that chat kinda bought us all together a bit more.

Personally, I try my absolute hardest to stay calm in situations when everyone else is stressing out. I just don't see the point in adding fuel to the fire and getting all worked up which will only make the situation worse.
Shouting will not make anything better, not listening to eachother will only make things 10x worse.
It was only a rehearsal, rehearsals are there for a reason!

Sorry, random rant there, will write some more interesting stuff at some point soon..promise!

Here are some pictures from the last couple of days of rehearsals:)

<--- The best costume and dance, Swan Lake!


No comments:

Post a Comment