Monday 22 June 2015

You're the only one who will be there forever.

First of all I want to say sorry for the lack of posts and activity here recently. I've finished my exams for this year and to be honest, I've just been having a little break from all social media and the internet etc.
But also I wanted to say that whilst I want to update this blog as much as possible, I really only want to write good quality material. Therefore I will write when something has motivated me or something has inspired me to go on a rant or whatever. Basically, I'm trying to focus on quality over quantity.
So yeah that explains my absence and now lets get on to this post!

This one was inspired by what someone said to me the other day. They said that I should 'stand up for myself'. I shouldn't let everyone get what they want and use me for what they want.

That may seem really obvious. I mean, why would you let someone treat you like shit if it's going to make you miserable?! It's totally counter-productive but sometimes you simply can't help it.

Personally, I grew up as quite a shy child. I would never put my hand up in class, or share my opinion because at the end of the day who really cares. This meant that if someone was nice to me or tried to be my friend I would welcome them therefore I would do what they want, let them treat me how they want etc.

But now I've kind of realized that you can never please everybody. Whatever you do or say will irritate someone so at the end of the day you might as well do whatever makes you happy. The number of friends you have may determine your popularity but it can't determine your happiness.

This can be really hard when it links to someone who you love very dearly, for example your closest friends. However, who's going to be around forever? Just you. Technically, no body apart from yourself will be present for the whole duration of your life. I'm talking about all the bad times and good times, all those secrets that you've locked up deep inside, at the end of the day you are the only person who will be there for all of it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is focus on making yourself happy. This might sound very selfish, and I'm not encouraging anybody to purposefully hurt other people, but you can't live to make someone else happy if you're not happy yourself.

Thank you very much for reading even if it was a shorter one this time! Please check out some of my other posts and don't forget that you can sign up to get email updates whenever there is a new update on this blog! Thanks again, have a nice day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment